Just back from a fabulous weekend attending the Oasis Spanking Party in Las Vegas! These parties always give me the feeling I’m in another orbit, another world… while really, I only live 20 minutes up the road!
The party was filled with joyous spanking sounds, giggles, sweet chats with like-minded friends & out of this world, salacious bare bottoms!
Having attended these “well-rounded” events since 1993, I have had my share of party drop… So the list of suggestions to overcome or just cope with the heavier mental sensations that arise, always seems relevant to any partygoer, no matter their status. This post was compiled after many conversations with others who have mourned the end of our special weekend. Let me know what works for you!
But going back to our vanilla lives seems a bit daunting… Are you feeling numb or weirdly, down? Wondering how to face this thing called “party drop?” How to face the people that have no idea what joy you just experienced? Well, here is a post filled with how many people deal with those very feelings. I hope they provide you with suggestions that work to get you through those confusing moments.
After (any kind of kinky) party, there can be an emotional drop. It can be uncomfortable, & difficult to make sense of while integrating back into our vanilla lives. It is also natural and very common, even for this veteran partygoer!
Over the years I’ve heard all kinds of ways to best counter such feelings. I wrote a piece based on those suggestions. Here is an audio recording of those ideas in my voice. (Note: The written version has newly added suggestions as well.) I hope it’ll assist you in better balancing your week after and moving forward.
Please, don’t let after-party blues keep you from enjoying your dreams coming true. Instead, learn new ways to deal with them!
Say you’re home, just back from a spectacular Spanking Party weekend. You watched spankings happen. You received spankings and even gave a few spankings. It was a dream come true, right?
After Spanking Parties: Dreams can come true
Now… it’s the week after and you’re back at work… in a sort of deep and dark state of mind… After such a thrilling weekend, how could this be?
You are experiencing after-party blues. Rest assured, you’re not alone! Most of those who were just at the same party are also in the doldrums. Especially if they were new at attending a party all about making your dreams come true!
1) This is the first & perhaps the most important time to pull out those “mental nuggets of Spanking/Kinky memories” you have stored in your head from the weekend.
Take lunchtime, bath time, and break time to bask in those memories of what just happened:
“Did that girl really happily lay across my knee and allow me to spank her? Did she then ask me to pull down her panties to give her a bare-bottom spanking?”
“Was I dreaming or did I get wet as that man looked me in the eyes, verbally reprimanded me for driving too fast, and then bent me over the table to paddle my bottom…with my pants down?”
“Was that woman really chastising me in front of a room full of people? Did she “boss me” and bend me over the arm of the couch? And then announce that she was going to humiliate me by pulling down my pants and spank me for all to witness?”
2) In a safe place or in code, write down some of the highlights you don’t EVER want to forget. This will assure you NOT to forget some of your juiciest details.
3) Don’t spend hours “perving” online. (It could make acclimating back into reality even more difficult.) Instead, only set pre-arranged chunks of time perving and keep to that plan.
4) During those set chunks of time, get on FetLife and make sure you are connected to all of the new friends you just made at the party. Savor this time!
Friend each one. Remind and thank them for the time you spent together. Perhaps even ask if there was something you could have done even better. And remember, they may be experiencing the “after-party blues” as well!
5) Learn from each experience you had at the party. Analyze how you felt during different encounters. (Write that down also… if it is safe to do so.)
What interactions worked well and gave you the result you wanted?
Which interactions fell short?
What was the difference and why?
Were there things you might not want to say or do at your next party?
Are there new ideas or goals you want to achieve next time?
6) Do fun vanilla stuff: Go to the movies, out to dinner, visit vanilla friends or family. Do things that will balance out the unique experience you just had. (Only pinch yourself in private!)
Sarah Gregory… My Spanking Friend
7) Remember, there will be another party to attend. It will be different, but if you play your cards right, it will be just as exciting and unique!
8) At the end of Lone Star 2019, a few of the other attendees mentioned some of their own ways of dealing with this issue of After Party Blues… Here they are!
“Don’t stop moving” “Self Care like taking a bath, eating Mac&Cheese, wearing Fuzzy slippers, drinking hot tea& playing video games.” Thank you @OgreMyKnee!
Professor D mentioned at Sunday night dinner during this 2022 party that “Mindfulness around resting & eating were quintessential factors to consider throughout the week (& I dare say all the time!)
These tips apply to any party you may attend. If my input is helpful, at no charge you are welcome to subscribe to my blog on this page.